03 February 2006

Road Blog

Driving to work I heard a joke on the radio: "If space is a vacuum, who changes the bags then?".
At that moment I drove past a Smart Car and it struck me that it looked a lot like a vacuum cleaner. Next thought was: "I wonder where the bag sits on one of these?".

I decided to investigate. Every time I passed a Smart Car I looked at it as closely as I could without loosing control of my own car. They are not hard to study, there are plenty of them around London and since they drive at least 10 miles below the speed limit, you go past them all the time.
I came to the conclusion that the bags are all sitting behind the steering wheel.
The Smart Cars all seem to be driven by middle aged women of the kind that like to push the seat as far forward as it will go and still they lean as far towards the windscreen as the seat belt will allow. They have a half frightened look on their faces as if some psycho at any moment would swing an axe through their side window: "Heeeere's Johnnieee!".

P.S. I realise this blog post is rather rude towards middle aged women. I shouldn't make up my blog posts while I'm driving, sure hope the wife don't read it......

2 comments:

Eric Ingram said...

As a middle aged woman, I'm offended.

Thomas Siefert said...

You’re right. I don’t know what I was thinking.

WCM Method